Published: 13 Dec 2017
Agile Methodology- An Effective Transformation in the Testing Domain
Last Updated: 05 Aug 2022
Agile methodology has transformed the software industry completely. Every organization is adopting agile in various forms and shapes to align with their business needs and to achieve their ultimate goal of being accessible to the market needs and end users. Therefore, agile methodologies are being executed in several ways. These days, agile methodology is perceived as a quick, responsive, and a flexible software development method. As a result, many companies have customized Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to suit their needs.
1. Agile Methodology: Effective Transformation in Testing
2. Benefits of Agile Methodology
Agile methodology: Effective Transformation in Testing
However, with the passage of time, and the changing user requirements, testing became an important and the most significant aspect of the agile methodology. All these years, testing teams have been contributing to the agile methodology and have evolved immensely.
Here is the list of progressions made by the testing team from several perspectives:
Benefits of Agile Methodology
1. Great collaboration and complete involvement with the whole team: By shifting left in the development lifecycle give a chance to the testers to collaborate with the rest of the product team rather than just being an isolated entity that enters the phase just before the release. This value addition by the testers has revealed the evolution of their work and how they have become a great help to the other teams by collaborating with them.
2. Better-quality work with the best methods: The focus on test automation has helped testers in giving up repetitive tasks from their plates which were earlier done manually. This has given testers more time to analyze and perform better and bigger things such as competitive analysis; business needs accomplishments, end-user feedback analysis, etc.
3. Recognition for the work they do: Testing teams have their own accountability and have a better reputation than ever before. Nowadays, testers are involved in the project right from its production planning and designing stages, the development teams and the testers work together to bring out a better deliverable in lesser time. This level of contribution polish their skills and bring out their best in consideration that they were earlier not a part of.
4. Stronger connection with end users: With the understanding that in an Agile program, the product team as a whole is more accessible and involved with end users, testers as end-user representatives on the team have enormous potential to the front-end with users, be it usability studies, beta programs or product demos, etc. Currently, testers have a better understanding of the product from an end-user viewpoint which helps them get better in their own roles.
Finally and most importantly, agile has helped the testers to build quality with speed and contribute to the project in their own way.
TestingXperts with its expertise and extensive experience in agile methodology has been able to deliver high-quality projects within a shorter duration. Our software testing experts employ industry best agile and DevOps practices, in-house developed intelligent frameworks and processes that enhance the client’s processes to enhance process predictability and performance in the long run.